Thursday, August 21, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen, Berlin

Well, like a being in a relationship with a crazy person (One thing I know quite a bit about.), the relationship hasn’t lasted long — and has gotten stale very quickly. Such is my two week long love affair with Berlin, Germany. Now I could sit here and wax nostalgic about the history and the ethnic diversity, but I won’t. Let’s just say that Germany and I agree to disagree. Just like a compressed romance, we’ve had our ups and downs. I’ve met some really cool and interesting people. I’ve also come across the kind of people I hope to never encounter again. Ironically, most of the more interesting and likeable people were ex-patriots from across North America and Europe.

But I will see Berlin again. Heck, I’m renting space here, so I will be back. On Sunday I leave for the next leg of my jaunt across Europe, Amsterdam. I’m looking forward to that as well. So Sunday, 8:40 a.m. (That’s 2:40 a.m. for most of you) send out positive thoughts and vibes, as I make my way to yet another historic European city.

I leave you, for now, with a few images of the city.

Enjoy.

Until next time, Berlin.















No comments: